US MANTA ASSOCIATION
CONSTITUTION OF THE U. S. MANTA ASSOCIATION
Proposed Revised Constitution, to be presented to the members in 2001, to become effective January 2002
The goal of this revision of the constitution is to make changes that are consistent with our current activities, especially the Manta Annual Championship Regatta and Annual Meeting held in March of each year at this Regatta, and to allow membership organizational activities to take advantage the ease of communication provided by the Internet and (almost) universal email. Please send Comments and suggestions regarding this document to firstname.lastname@example.org
The name of this organization shall be “The U. S. Manta Association” and shall be hereafter referred to as “The Association.”
The Purpose of the Association is:
1. To promote the sport of LandSailing and the use of Manta class LandSailing craft
2. To set and maintain class rules for Manta Twinjammer and Manta Windjammer Landsailers.
3. To inform the North American LandSailing Association (NALSA) of requirements of the Manta class.
4. To inform the public.
5. To aid beginners in the sport.
6. To exchange knowledge and ideas.
7. To promote regattas.
1. Membership in the Association is open to anyone interested in Manta LandSailing.
2. Membership dues are to be set annually by the board of directors, and expire in December.
3. Each member shall be responsible for any personal and/or property damage caused by him and not covered by insurance premium by NALSA and shall assume full responsibility.
4. Each pilot in a Manta Class Sponsored-racing event must be a member of the Association.
ARTICLE IV: NOMINATION AND ELECTIONS
1. The Officers are elected for a one-year term, which shall run to the end of the next Annual Class Meeting in March.
2. Nominations are to be made by a nominating committee appointed by the President at least one month prior to election.
3. The Candidates’ names will be submitted to the members at least two weeks prior to election. Write-in candidates will be allowed, and Nominations will be accepted from the floor.
4. The Election is at the Annual Class meeting normally held in March. The Installation of new officers will be at close of the meeting.
1. Board of Directors consists of the following:
E. At-Large Member of the Board.
2. Standing Committees
ARTICLE VI: DUTIES OF BOARD DIRECTORS
ARTICLE VII: DUTIES OF STANDING COMMITTEES
ARTICLE VIII: MEETINGS
A. Previous minutes readB. Treasurer’s reportC. Chairmen ReportsD. Old businessE. New businessF.General comments
ARTICLE IX: RULES
Manta Home | NALSA Home | US MANTA Constitution | MANTA Rules | Rules Archives